Here at The New You Plan, we are committed to protecting our customer's privacy. Below is an overview of our policy, please ensure you take the time to review this notice which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights.
It includes the relevant requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. It applies both when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and when you use our services.
Type of data we collect:
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, , product reviews, blog comments, posts on social media and any information which you add to your account profile);
- Purchase activity / Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. delivery information);
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer care team, leave reviews on our affiliates site or interact with us on social media);
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. if you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about how you access our Site - e.g. mobile or desktop
- Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent.
- Our plan is only suitable for people between the ages of 18 and 75, as such we do not wittingly collect personal data from people under the age of 18.
How your personal data is used:
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the certain circumstances detailed below and this may be affected based on the way in which you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, which may include:
- Processing your order and to service your online account including our website and services provided through our online Customer Hub
- To fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints made to our company.
- To improve and maintain our website and monitor its usage.
- For research purposes, e.g. we may contact to get feedback about our products and/ or services.
- To be able to send marketing in all forms and media and show you targeted advertising, where we have your specific consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security and protection purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and other third parties with which we work.
The New You Plan relies on the following legal basis, to process your personal data:
- Performance of a contract with you (e.g. you have completed a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us whereby you have specifically and intentionally provided consent).
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider, for running our business to maintain and promote our products and services. The New You Plan is committed to being an adaptive company with its customers interests at it's core. As such our actions are designed arround the needs of customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. As such The New You Plan will use the information we collect about you to update our Site, adapt our products and services to ensure they remain relevant in respect of the products, offers and services available at the time.
On occasion we may ask customers for additional information that will help us develop in the field of nutrition and wellbeing.
Controlling your data:
We are dedicated to helping you manage your data, in the instance of our email marketing channels you have the option to unsubscribe at any time via the links in the emails.
If you need any assistance with this then we recommend you get in touch and our team will ensure that we help you as quickly as possible. You can get in touch via:
Live Chat: Located at the bottom right hand corner of your screen
Who has access to your data and when:
We share customers' personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Your details are sometimes shares with our suppliers and service providers working. Examples of this would be providing your name, address and contact number to our couriers or entering your name and payment details into our secure payments system (payment details are not stored)
- From time to time we may need to seek legal advice which means we will need to share information with our legal advisors. Only information relevant to the case will be shared and this will be as closely bound to our own terms of Privacy as possible
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- In addition to the above, in any instance where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
How we store your data securely
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business requirement that means they have a need to know. In this instance they will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We take online security very seriously and are committed to ensuring your information is stored and handled safely and privately. Your credit card information is processed securely via a third party payment provider and at no time do New You store or have access to your credit card or CV2 number. We use the industry standard (SSL - Secure Sockets Layer) secure server to ensure private information and credit card details are transmitted securely across the internet.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any fulfilment of orders, accounting, reporting or legal requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. To get more information regarding this please click on the link below: (www.ico.org.uk).
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data - meaning you can ask for a copy of the information we hold on record for you. We would allow for up to one month from the date of the request to get this information together. If for any reason we are unable to do so you will be contacted and kept informed.
- Correction of the personal data that The New You Plan holds on record about you. We may ask you to provide further information when doing this for security reasons.
- Request erasure of your personal data. In this instance you can ask that we remove your data from our systems. We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons however we will keep you up to date and informed in such an instance.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes as described earlier in the Privacy Terms of The New You Plan. We may try to prove in such instances why this is necessary. It will not affect your rights and freedoms in this instance unless otherwise stated by law.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. You can ask us to stop processing your personal data in situations where:
- (a) You want us to establish the data's accuracy;
- (b) Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not wish for it to be erased
- (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it.
- (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data
If you require any assistance:
Live Chat: Located at the bottom right hand corner of your screen